:: Re: [DNG] removing unwanted bluetoo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] removing unwanted bluetooth
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Rainer H. Rauschenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Boruch Baum wrote:
>
> > 1] The devuan installer shouldn't include bluetooth as a default kernel
> > module.
>
> IMHO the devuan installer only should deviate from the debian installer
> where absolutely necessary (i.e. necessary to avoid systemd). Alle these
> various ideas of what to change (compared to debian) only lead to more
> work, more problems, lessen the probability of a really existing and
> usable devuan distribution.

we are actually converging on this position.

bluetooth was mentioned in our last review here in Amsterdam and
*noone* likes it installed by default. go figure why it was all the
time there in Debian, I doubt is systemd related, some other PBKAC.

but the rationale you mention is the one we will follow. It was agreed
at the very inception of Devuan: while forking Debian we are operating
as little change as possible on it, with the sole objective of
removing systemd. This will be Devuan Jessie.

later on, starting from ascii, we will operate more changes, mostly to
have less and not more, since we perceive Devuan as a base system.

But before all this, Devuan Jessie will be an important checkpoint
before we go on making our own path. It should be also useful in the
remote possibility that Debian's leadership wakes up from its dark
ages and respects its mandate, stepping back from imposing systemd to
half of its users. Then the work made in Devuan will be also useful
for it.

So bluetooth will stay for now and I suspect the best way should be to
exclude it via preseed file. Boruch's report is still useful for the
future and it may even have hitten a bug in Debian I suspect.

ciao