:: Re: [DNG] removing unwanted bluetoo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Boruch Baum
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] removing unwanted bluetooth
On 04/14/2016 06:45 AM, Rainer H. Rauschenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Boruch Baum wrote:
>
>> 1] The devuan installer shouldn't include bluetooth as a default kernel
>> module.
>
> IMHO the devuan installer only should deviate from the debian installer
> where absolutely necessary (i.e. necessary to avoid systemd). Alle these
> various ideas of what to change (compared to debian) only lead to more
> work, more problems, lessen the probability of a really existing and
> usable devuan distribution.

I agree. The significance to the report is how difficult it was to
remove the components over what I remember to be debian's pre-systemd
method (blacklisting modules by entries in text files or parameters in
the grub command line). If I'm correct in attributing the added
difficulty to systemd, then devuan would need to account for that. A
next question would be whether even debian, in its pre-systemd
existence, had been including those modules by default (I would have to
do a fresh install of an old debian to find out, but maybe others know).

I introduced the posting poorly. I'm sufficiently unsure of what went
on, that I didn't want to lay the blame for my trouble on systemd, so
instead I laid out the steps I took, so others could find any mistake I
might have made.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0