:: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Trond Arild Ydersbond
A: KatolaZ
Cc: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went too far

Den Onsdag, 6. april 2016 14.20 skrev KatolaZ <katolaz@???>:

>> So you think public interest is best served by leaving information cleanup after stupid vandalism to the Poettering squad. I don't.

> What would you suggest as an alternative, that you or me go there and
> do the clean-up instead?

If we are competent Wikipedia editors for the actual field, surely yes.
I'm not, but if I were, I would reverse that edit. But going in as an absolute amateur, it's easy to make new errors, in particular when we are not entirely neutral on the subject :-) Competence here is about (at least) subject, balance (/professionalism) and style.

The administrators there usually have way more than enough to do with vandalism, edit wars etc. So generally, constructive help contributes to making it more of a self-cleaning thing and imporves quality. But they tend to be on guard against people "cleaning up" articles about themselves, their friends, employee, party etc. AFAIK that is generally considered a bad idea.