:: Re: [devuan-dev] internal list for …
Author: Alberto Zuin - Personal
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] internal list for developers
Hi all,
I'm not a real developer here but just my two cents:
- - I had another talk about devuan last Friday and I had the same positive impressions of the first made with Jaromil: the only one issue regards the release time which takes ages and now it's time to proceed with beta as soon as possible or we loose time to market.
- - all the infrastructure hosted on my servers (gitlab and 2 build servers) is accessible from outside by more than one sysadmin: me and Franco have root access and I'm pretty sure that someone else has it, at least for gitlab server. Also both me and Franco have access to the VMs via vnc in case of major issues.
- - about DNS: I don't host the professional service on my infrastructure anymore because the business chose to release the system in an opensource way and focus on maintenance contract: I can ask to one of our customers to host devuan zone or, if you prefer, we can use Amazon route 53 via the account used for gitlab backups. Last, I have enough space in my infrastructure to host a pair of VM with bind or powerdns, but in this moment I really think is better to focus on beta release and avoid loosing time with less important tasks.
- - about the SSL: I'm using letsencrypt and I'm really happy with it, but if we have particular needs, let's switch to something else. At the end are some quids per year, it's not a big problem.
- - last: in this moment gitlab server is becoming the centre of our infrastructure: even if we have nightly backup on Amazon glacier, I think is better to start thinking about a replicated environment on another datacenter.

Cheers,
Alberto