:: Re: [DNG] minor packaging quibbles …
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] minor packaging quibbles in devuan cli
On 23/03/16 11:35, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 03:53:26PM +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
>> Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> writes:
>>> whether you wan to create a root password is prompted for in the
>>> installation. If you choose not to then sudo will be installed
>>> otherwise not.
>>
>> This seems a bit arbitrary: System I manage usually have a root password
>> set and sudo installed. The root password is for emergency remote
>> access

I'd love to be able to give fine grained control over what is installed,
but given that we have powerful tools like apt for that make
post-installing whatever package you want dead easy, I don't see a
pressing need to either always install sudo just to fit a particular use
case.

> I hope you know that, since jessie, password remote logins for root are
> disabled unless you enable them yourself.

I think this is problematic and should be prompted for during the
install - like I'm pretty sure it was during the install of wheezy...

Seen we're already rebuilding openssh I'll look into it if someone will
do me a favour and create an issue against that project in git.devuan.org

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.