:: Re: [DNG] On the wisdom on netboot …
Author: KatolaZ
To: Boruch Baum
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] On the wisdom on netboot installer images
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 06:34:26PM -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:

[cut]

> Of course you're right, for one half of what I was discussing. But you
> do want people to be testing not just the install, but also the release,
> don't you? That WILL require downloading an entire release in order to
> check that the userland and desktop components interact properly, and
> all the GUI theming operates as desired, and that all the defaults are
> sensible. That's why I mentioned above that "2] OTOH, a developer wants
> to encourage people to test the install and the RELEASE often".
>
> The main point of my post was the paragraph you deleted.

There is no official Devuan release, to the best of our understanding,
but only alpha stages. So your comment might be a bit out ot scope. I
suppose that once a proper Devuan release will be out, you will be
given the possibility to download not just the installer but also the
images of the 20-more CDs needed to contain all the packages of the
release.

Anyway, I don't see why you need to reinstall from scratch if you want
to "test the install and the RELEASE often". If you are testing the
installer, then going with the netinst image would be all you might
need to do, IMHO...

Please accept my apologies if I am missing something here.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]