:: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
Author: Stephanie Daugherty
To: Rainer Weikusat, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
I would argue vdev belongs in / rather than /usr because it is likely to
be necessary to mount filesystems and such.

The split is somewhat arbitrary these days but historically things needed
during the boot process and to repair the system have gone in / while less
essential bits have gone into /usr

People do still partition that way sometimes so it's a good idea not to
break the system for them :)