:: Re: [DNG] Microsoft upgrades Window…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Klaus Hartnegg
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Microsoft upgrades Windows 7 to 10 without permission
On 16.03.2016 at 17:27 David Harrison wrote:
> On 16/03/2016 10:49, dng-request@??? wrote:
>> I Dropped back to 7, created a .exe that simply returns to OS, and then
>> replaced c:\Windows\system32\GWX\GWX.exe and
>> c\Windows\SysWOW64\GWX\GWX.exe
>> with my NOP code.
>
> Would it be possible to share that .exe off-list? It would come in very
> handy with killing the nags on my own Win7 box.

Use the official method documented by Microsoft.

Read https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3080351

Set these registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
"ReservationsAllowed"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"DisableOSUpgrade"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]
"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001