:: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: hellekin
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
On 03/14/2016 08:04 PM, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

>>> 0.1.20160314+1deb1
>>>
>>> I was purposing something like this:
>>>
>>> 0.1.d5d965-jessie1
>>>
>>> There is not a great difference between both. If you prefer to use
>>> the date instead of the short commit, i will do so.
>>
>> The whole point with version numbers is to be able to compare them to
>> know which is more up-to-date. Wouldn't using a hash conflict with
>> this?

I suggest using version numbers compatible with [SemVer][0]. It doesn't
strike me as incompatible with Debian versioning and brings some
interesting programmatic advantage to manage dependencies upstream.

If upstream is v0.1.0, you could use: 0.1.0-jude[-devuan-version].
`-devuan-version` would be preceded by a hyphen per the Debian
documentation that was provided in this thread.

The package then would show, e.g., 0.1.0-jude-jessie1.

==
hk

[0]: http://semver.org/ "Semantic Versioning"

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/