:: [DNG] devuan git rearrangement for …
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] devuan git rearrangement for official packages
Hi,

I'm planning all official devuan packages in gitlab into the
group devuan-packages. The core reason for these changes are:

a) it gives a clear name-space for official devuan packages

b) it means we can set milestones in the group that can be used to track
issues related to the release goals across all packages.

c) creating blank projects with an issue and assigning it a milestone is
a great way to track what packages need to be cleansed still - and gives
an easy way to visualise how we're tracking.

d) it would allow for easier automation for the build system.

e) it makes it easier for us to differentiate between PPA's (git users
projects), derivatives, and non package groups like like
devuan-infrastructure and devuan-project etc.

f) there are only a few developers and not that many packages so it's
the best time to do it.

If this goes ahead I'll create an issue for each package as they are
moved so that the subscribers to each project are notified.

Locally changing the urls will be as simple as:

git remote seturl <remote name> <new url> [<old-url]

The only caveat is that this will probably break forks. Where I spot a
forked package I'll discuss work arounds with the owners of the fork
about how to best manage this.

Any discussion on this issue should be directed to
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/issues/42

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.