:: Re: [DNG] X forwarding over SSH ove…
Author: Brad Campbell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] X forwarding over SSH over ADSL
On 13/03/16 00:48, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> Brad Campbell <lists2009@???> writes:
>> On 08/03/16 04:41, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>>
>>> VNC is lousy over anything but a very fast link, it's just a remote
>>> framebuffer - anything painted to the screen is bit copied to the
>>> client which is bandwidth intensive.
>>
>> Whereas tightvnc works quite well over almost anything, and if you are
>> willing to drop to a small colour pallete
>
> Considering that tightvnc is Windows-only software it seems a bit out of

Que? Better not tell any of my linux boxes that have been using it as
both a server and client for many more years than I care to remember.

brad@srv:~$ apt-cache search tightvnc | grep -i tightvnc
tightvnc-java - TightVNC java applet and command line program
ssvnc - Enhanced TightVNC viewer with SSL/SSH tunnel helper
tightvncserver - virtual network computing server software
xtightvncviewer - virtual network computing client software for X

I've snipped the remainder of your un-informed rant.

Brad.