:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Pàgina inicial
Autor: anon.udmvt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:38:56PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 03:22:27PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> >     Katolaz, don't you recall how many times we've read about "The
> > year of the Linux Desktop", which never happened? And don't you
> > remember Gnome 3 made the desktop look like a tablet?

> Yes, I do remember very well. That's why I still don't understand the
> crusade to "conquer the desktop", or worse "to dominate mobile
> systems". As the original crusades, those are quite pointless :)

Though, after all, whatever crusades THEY have took to conquer...
Why it should bother me, you, us??? Why should it make me into DEEP frustration?
Because it's just FREE of cost??? WHATT????... Thus I ought to take it?..
srsly?

KatolaZ, sorry, you are unrelated... just me, can't sustain it anymore,
it's my personal soul's problems, for sure...

> >     Gnome tries to build a desktop for the general public which
> > would be based on Systemd-Linux, but I'm afraid this ship is going
> > to sink while hunting a white whale. Thanks to Devuan, we're jumping
> > to another ship and will watch the wreck from a distance.

> >     That said, I admit they have arguments for everybody, and the
> > market of servers would help them a lot in gaining domination over
> > Linux.

> I am not sure whether they can really push their stuff widely on the
> servers. The vast majority of people I know who work with Linux
> servers are doing the best they can to keep old Wheezy intallations,
> and those who can't are switching to something else (either Devuan, or
> other systemd-free distros, or FreeBSD).
>
> I admit that my (very restricted) social circle might be a bit
> peculiar, though :)

For example, my friends are split:
the older generations are looking for a viable alternative for a migration,
or have already migrated (FreeBSD, yes) their desktops and servers,
the young generation can't comprehend (the comlexity for ex.) yet,
so they are happy to adopt systemd and are boasting about that,
since I personally didn't adopt it at the moment and still fighting it's
installation on our servers.
So, young admins are slowly just installing what's given and it just
works for them... Unknown systemd is no worse for equally unknown world of
sysvinit+shell_scripts for the young generation. Bad news for us...