:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:52:12PM +0000, Simon Hobson wrote:
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
> > The vast majority of people I know who work with Linux
> > servers are doing the best they can to keep old Wheezy intallations,
> > and those who can't are switching to something else (either Devuan, or
> > other systemd-free distros, or FreeBSD).
> >
> > I admit that my (very restricted) social circle might be a bit
> > peculiar, though :)
>
> Doesn't sound that bad to me - I'm about to start adding Wheezy LTS repos to my systems.
>
> But then I still have Squeeze and Lenny systems running (they aren't broken ...) - don't think I have anything older than that !

I still have a Lenny system -- it's the ony one that will talk to my
scanner. When Debian's USB driver started to enforce more of the USB
protocol, it could no longer communicate with the scanner, which issued
the wrong code to indicate it was done acanning and transmitting
results. The wrong code killed the entore trasaction.

As for my wheezy server, instead of LTS I'm planning to add devuan
repos. After a complete backup on the same drive so I'll have a
dual-boot between the backup wheezy system and the devuan one.

-- hendrik