:: Re: [DNG] initscripts-2.88dsf-59.3+…
Author: Rob
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] initscripts-2.88dsf-59.3+devuan2
-------- Original Message --------
Local Time: March 6, 2016 9:09 PM
UTC Time: March 6, 2016 9:09 PM
From: daniel@???
To: dng@???

On 07/03/16 06:39, Rob wrote:
> 1:)Saturday (5th mar) dist-upgrade, which included an update to openrc,
> failed with a post install error: update-rc.d not found. Trying to
> uninstall another package got the following error:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/liquidsoap.prerm: invoke-rc.d: not found

Yeah - apologies debian had moved those scripts between sysvinit and
init-system-helpers packages, and I'd updated sysvinit but not
init-system-helpers. The fix is in and should hit the repo's in a
couple of hours. If your desperate to have it now you need to add

deb http://packages.devuan.org/devuan <release> main to your
/etc/apt/sources.lisg

> 2)Setting up a new devuan installation on a spare disk, debootstrap
> ceres failed on configuration with update-rc.d not found (problem
> package initscripts?).

Same issue as above.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.