:: Re: [DNG] leveldb support proposal
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] leveldb support proposal
Hi,

I think, multiple libraries can still reside in an installation of
Debian/Devuan, provided some preparation is done before attempting to
run programs that may require conflicting library version. The only
limitation is the kernel which has to be compatible with all used
libraries.

I would workaround such a problem as follows:
a) copy all executables to the same directory including all .so files
b) use a script to run the executable by using the command:
ld-2.19.so or whatever version is installed on the system

This particular .so file is in a reality an executable that loads and
prepares an executable file linking it with all its required libraries
before running it. The command would specify the executable to be run
and the path to its libraries as follows:

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ ./ld-2.19.so --library-path . /bin/ls

In this example I used ld-2.19.so to run ls.

Edward