:: Re: [DNG] leveldb support proposal
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] leveldb support proposal
On 2016-03-02 03:19, Hendrik Boom wrote:
.

> Thanks.

You're welcome! =)

From this it looks as if there's a table of addresses for the
> external references, not a table of call instructions, as I had
> previously thought. This would seemm to indicate that the coopilers
> generating the code must know whether a reference is to a shared
> ilbrary or not, or else that all external references are done by such
> table, whether to a static or a dynamic library.

If I recall correctly (and I am far from an expert on compilers), ELF
uses a loading stub for whatever libraries are needed for execution.
They are loaded into RAM and then the "calls" I referred to in previous
posts are made as needed. As you can see in the document, Rainer's
right in that there are more mechanisms involved than simple
instructions to execute code. I respect Rainer's desire for exactness.
I just don't see the necessity in posting that to what I've always
considered a "user list."

Perhaps, I am in the wrong on that regard.

Have a wonderful evening!
T.J.