:: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Manage…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Steve Litt
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Managers
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 12:05:50AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> Just for fun, I'd like some opinions. If a Window Manager were
> integrated with Dmenu (which is trivially easy usually), what hotkeys
> would you recommend, given that keys can be alt, ctrl, shift, alt-ctrl,
> alt-shift, ctrl-shift, and even alt-ctrl-shift?

I belive there is little point in asking such questions: you will get
as many different answers as the number of people who provide an
answer...

Anyway:

> Hotkey to bring up Dmenu?

Alt+p (default in xmonad)

> Hotkey to bring up window list sorted by workspace?

Why would one like to have anything like that? In my case it would
mean between 30 and 60 windows scattered around 7 or 8 workspaces:
useless...

> Hotkey to bring up window manager menu?

F12 (default in WMaker)

> Hotkey to toggle laptop mousepad on and off?

Alt+k?

> Hotkey to close a window (Alt+F4 sucks in my opinion)

Alt+F4

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]