:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Author: KatolaZ
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:56:11PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:

> >LOL, since when most Linux users are desktop users?
> >Linux market share on desktop is around 1-2%, while on
> >servers open-source operating systems maintain around 90%
> >(count here BSD's also) - different sources, ye know, not
> >exact numbers.
>
>     Yet there still might be more Linux desktops than servers. But
> this isn't the question. The reality is that the desktop and tablet
> market, is the goal of Gnome, KDE and Freedesktop in general. These
> want to share the market of Apple. Therefore they just copy the
> Mac-OS model.

Well, if GNOME, KDE, and freedesktop guys are still convinced that
they have any chance to scratch the shares of Android and iOS on
mobles, then they might have somehow lost contact with reality. This
is why all the systemd-fuss looks incredibly stupid to my ignorant
eyes: four years of fighting to conquer a "market" that has never
existed, and will probably never exist...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]