:: Re: [DNG] Azadi, or: the art of ci…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Florian Zieboll
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Azadi, or: the art of civil-isation (was: Re: systemd==bad)
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:15:59 +0000
Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> Florian Zieboll writes:
> > There is another famous saying, I think originally by Rosa
> > Luxemburg:
> >
> > "Freedom" is always the freedom of the opponent.
>
> By Rosa Luxembourg, yes, but your translation is off. "...of the
> deviant" is closer.

"der Andersdenkende" = "someone who is thinking different(ly...?!)"

True, in a /free/ society this person wouldn't need to be recognized as
an opponent - and probably not even be perceived as "deviant" (which
hasn't been part of my active vocabulary yet). At least I think that's
what she wanted to express.