:: [DNG] Devuan Jessie Alpha4 Installe…
Top Pagina
Auteur: David Kuehling
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Devuan Jessie Alpha4 Installer "Expert Mode" Problems
Hi,

tonight I tried to install Devuan Jessie Alpha 4 on my system after
installing a new, clean hard-disk. At first I launched the Installer
from CD (EFI boot) selecting "Expert mode" in the Installer CD's Grub
Menu.

This did not work: after manually partitioning the system, I selected
"Install the system" in the installer menu, which asked me for Mode of
installation "normal" vs. "live" . But whatever I selected, I
immediately got a generic error screen "Installation step failed". The
installer log (Alt+F4) read something like "base-installer: error: Could
not find any live images"

I only succeeded after rebooting the installer in normal (non-expert)
mode: after partitioning the hard-disk, the base system
download&installation now automatically started and (almost)
successfully ran through: this time I got a "HTTP connection closed"
error somewhere at the end of downloads and had to re-start that
installation step. Installation then completed without further
problems.

I'm now running Devuan via UEFI boot on an encrypted root partition
(dm-crypt+LVM) without any problems. Very nice.

BTW, 'dpkg --status systemd' lists systemd as installed. Is this a
stub? I'm also not happy with NetworkManager running by default. Will
have to do some more cleanup...

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7 7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F