:: Re: [DNG] Docker leaves Ubuntu for …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Docker leaves Ubuntu for AlpineLinux (and hires its dev)
On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:51:42 +0100
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> Here the news on Phoronix (well known hangout of systemd hooligans)
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Docket-Alpine-Images
>
> Very elegant of the editor to skip over the obviously implicit read
> between the lines. Or am I the only one seeing a "systemd sucks" here
> written with invisible ink?
>
> ciao :^)

Wait: There is a plausible alternative motivation for Docker...

From what I hear, Ubuntu is switching to this whole new, "in the cloud"
type of packaging and other stuff. The move from Ubuntu could have been
to avoid that cloud crap.

But of course, Docker could have chosen Redhat, or OpenSuSE, or Debian,
and apparently they didn't. Hmmmmm.

I gotta snicker. On my local LUG's mailing list, a WAD (Walking Acronym
Dispenser) posted all sorts of anti-anti-systemd stuff about how
necessary systemd is in this age of containers. And now the leading
container vendor moves to an OpenRC initted distro. So much for
systemd's necessity in the age of containers.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key