:: Re: [DNG] state of what's working f…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: shraptor
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] state of what's working for modern desktop usage
On 2016-02-09 15:20, Hendrik Boom wrote:

>> >Vdev is still in its final stages of development, as far as I know.
>> >Running on developpment asd some test systems, but still being
>> >thorougly tested on corner cases before being introduced into Devuan.
>> >
>> >-- hendrik
>>
>> It is my belief that vdev should go in some testing or development
>> repo.
>
> Like Debian's 'experimental' repo?

Yes, something not official but so people on this list could test out.

I am on Arch linux derivative and am not familiar with deb-files.
Alas I am lost on the initramfs front too since I use busybox->mdev in
initramfs

I am running vdev with good results though.

I know obarun had problem running vdev in initramfs on his
Arch-systemd-free distro.

Is it possible in devuan to run eudev in initramfs and vdev when booted?
As a means to get it to testing more quickly.

vdev seems to be stuck in a "which came first, the chicken or the
egg?"-dilemma

It deserves better.

/scooby