:: Re: [DNG] state of what's working f…
Author: Mitt Green
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] state of what's working for modern desktop usage
Steve Litt wrote:

>Are you running wpa_supplicant as a daemon? Excluding passwords,
>what does your wpa_supplicant.conf look like?

[...]
>Are you running dhcpcd as a daemon? What is the command line?

[...]

I mentioned here once, that I use a simple script for connecting
to our local wireless network.

$ cat .wifi
# wpa_supplicant initialisation script

echo "Connecting to the wireless network, please wait..."

# Start wpa_supplicant
wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

# Provide Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
dhcpcd wlan0

wpa_supplicant.conf is very simple:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
            network={
                    ssid="yourssid"
                    psk="yourpsk"
}

dhcpcd is a daemon itself, hence the name
(DHCP client daemon).
I saw your message about NetworkManager that modifies

resolv.conf, dhcpcd does it by default, unless you put
"nohook resolv.conf" to /etc/dhcpcd.conf.

Cheers,
Mitt