:: Re: [DNG] state of what's working f…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mitt Green
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] state of what's working for modern desktop usage
‎  Didier Kryn wrote:

>Sorry I missed that, does it handle wifi roaming?

It doesn't do more than wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd.
And has its spawn in a notification tray.

> ...and having Qt installed has never been an issue.

I don't see the use of having both as my aim
is to have a minimalistic setup.

>BTW, is it bigger than GTK?

Looking at the ridiculous amount of packages Qt
apps pull when I try to install them, I'd say yes.

>There seems to be kind of an allergy about Qt out there and
>I'd really like to know the true reason.

Even more, this allergy goes to C++. There are reasons
for it, this is another topic/rant/flamewar.
Qt is, in my opinion, slow and bloated
(unless it's KDE3 and Qt3 :) ).

My two penn'orth,
Mitt