:: Re: [DNG] pi-vuan update (was: Migr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero
Sujet: Re: [DNG] pi-vuan update (was: Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero)
On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 08:30:28AM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:

[cut]

> The problem wouldn't be compiling the packages, which can be done with
> a cross-compiler + toolchain on any more powerful piece of hw, but
> perhaps putting together an entire port for such a specific target,
> although it is a quite popular one.

Hi,

just an update on the discussion. It seems that I managed to put up a
"right" toolchain for the rpi0/rpi1, using crosstool-ng, and I have
cross-compiled a quasi-minimal hello-world with several floating point
operations, which run successfully on the pi-zero, i.e. without any
SIGILL. I am now trying to cross-compile some more complicated
software, to test it further.

This is just a proof of concept, and does not mean that we are any
closer to dreaming of putting up a functioning rpi0/1 Devuan port. I
will continue investigating what is needed to automatically recompile
a minimal Devuan from scratch which can run on the rpi0/rpi1, but I
will not report on any progress in this direction until Devuan Beta is
out :P

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]