:: Re: [DNG] transmission-daemon packa…
Top Pagina
Auteur: shraptor
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] transmission-daemon package
On 2016-02-06 17:18, dev1fanboy wrote:
> So I am trying to build transmission-daemon without systemd, was just
> testing this locally and run into an issue. It can be built without
> systemd but transmission-gtk will no longer start downloading
> torrents.
>
> I think it is down to this error which appears when running
> transmission-gtk in a terminal:
>
> ** (transmission-gtk:32682): WARNING **: Error retrieving
> accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
> The name
> org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

I am on Arch derivative and I can tell for certain that transmission-gtk
works without systemd or libsystemd

I am using the original package for transmission-gtk on Arch Linux
However I have dbus compiled without systemd that is not default on
Arch.

I think you should rather look on dbus than transmission.

Hope this helps even if we're not exactly on the same dist

Best regards

Scoob