:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 09:36:05 +0000
Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

> Trash the OS - fair game (maybe). Brick the hardware, that's another
> kettle of fish.

Another (and consistent) view is that we had a deal. From 1969 til
2013, we had a deal that if you backed up every day and then used a bad
rf command, restoration to the beginning of the day would be a couple
hours of work, and that's it.

Now, when you ill-advisably use rm, you need to go out and buy, then
configure, a totally new machine, before you can even begin to restore
from backup. And be careful: /dev/sda1 might not be the same on the new
box.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key