:: Re: [DNG] Change netman into anothe…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Change netman into another name.
Hi,

If the new name is not unique, it doesn't help much to rename netman
as potential users will still find difficulty locating it. One
particular reply suggested me to upload the source tarball to sf.net
which is a good idea and which I am considering.

I am trying to help potential users of netman, because writing an open
source software project just to upload it somewhere where it is
virtually inaccessible, does not make sense especially considering the
many hours I sacrificed to write and debug it.

Please, stop associating my motivation to make netman known to stroke
my ego: this is NOT the case. At my age, I do not need to stroke my
ego, but I do want others to benefit from my own work even though I
will not get paid for it. This is the spirit of writing projects for
causes like Devuan.

I would also like to add, that at this age, writing a project like
netman, will not affect my carrier or my potential earnings. I do not
possess enough resources to make use of my newly gained experience
collaborating with Devuan notwithstanding it adds another item to my
CV.

Edward