:: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf E…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:
> On Tue, 02 Feb 2016, Wim wrote:
>
>>    [2]https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402
>>    Well, you've probably guessed the answer - Won't fix.

> meanwhile, on the background, the usual bullying goes on among the
> systemd hooligans, sarcastically liquidating the concern with some
> cynical remarks, as if it would be a deserved punition for users
> caught into a bricked laptop rather than an erased filesystem:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=UEFI-rm-root-directory

Hmm ... the core issue remains that deleting everything which is
accessible via some mounted filesystem deletes everything accessible via
this filesystem. The original bbs text claimed

    We weren't dumb enough to leave important partitions mounted. We
    unmounted everything except of root (/).

Apparently, someone's idea of 'important' was somewhat out of sync with
reality. There'd be an issue here if it was impossible to umount
this filesystem or mount it read-only prior to issuing the delete.

That said, Larabel surely acts like a complete duckhead once it gets to
systemd related issues.