:: Re: [DNG] Semi OT: Mailman, Lurker …
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Semi OT: Mailman, Lurker and referencing messages
On 02/01/2016 10:49 AM, Florian Zieboll wrote:

> Can Mailman predict the URL under which Lurker will archive the message
> it is processing "on the fly", or is there even a variable available?
>
> Quoting and referencing "third party" messages would be so much easier,
> if mails contained their own Lurker URL in the signature!

This is an excellent idea. Mailman developers already thought about it:
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Stable%20URLs

I guess we can investigate and find out how to generate these from
mailman, and then have a nice URL like:
https://lurker.devuan.org/<some-hash> to redirect to the relevant lurker
message. This would also make Devuan Editors' lives easier when working
on the newsletter.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/