著者: Brad Campbell
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop
On 27/01/16 23:57, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Wim <objectief@???> wrote:
>
>> I still have my previous model, I suppose I ought to try a native install on it - and perhaps see if I can get OS X running as a VM.
>>
>> I would prefer dual booting personally, since running OSX in a VM isn't always perfect. Fi, access to external hardware over USB, like audio interfaces, doesn't work properly. Harddisks and the usual stuff like HID devices just works.
>
> I don't like dual boot. It's OK for something where all OSs are only used intermittently so it's no problem to shut down and boot into something else. It's a real PITA when the main OS is used all day long, and you've a gazilion web pages open, and need access to your mail while booted in the other OS, and ...
> Obviously that's a matter of personal preference.

I'm running an early 2015 Macbook Pro. I have OSX, Windows 7 & Linux
installed. I live in Linux, but on the rare occassions I need to boot
into OSX or Win 7 I simply s2disk. That way when I re-boot into linux it
just wakes up where it was rather than losing any context.

Aside from the non-functioning camera, the only other hardware issue I
routinely see is the USB SD reader mostly disappears off the bus after a
system sleep.

--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them