:: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer…
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop
Wim <objectief@???> wrote:

> I would take a look at that SATA cable AGAIN. These break far too often. And when they break, they often don't break completely. Symptoms vary from weird boot problems, to the OS going corrupt, to a general slow drive.

No, definitely a "hard" fault. While trying to deal with it I swapped drives several times - with the non-Apple drives it was consistently bad, with the Apple drives it was consistently error free.

> If by 750G, you mean the Seagate hybrid 750 GB drive

No, both plain HDs - one Seagate, one WD. I probably tried with any random drives we had lying around at work.

But as you say, getting somewhat OT now.