:: [DNG] Jessie netboot alpha2 (AMD64)
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: [DNG]
Subject: [DNG] Jessie netboot alpha2 (AMD64)

I just installed a Devuan system from scratch in "expert mode" from
devuan-jessie-netboot-amd64-alpha2.iso.

It went fine so far and finally I own this beautiful green slim login
screen I read about on the list. I had planned to go with a customized
XDM as on my laptop, but well, we'll see :)

Some things that might want to get fixed:

* The installer / partitioning tool lacks ext2/ext4 file system support,
I'd have to manually (format and) mount the partitions if I wanted to
use an ext*fs resp. mount an existing ext* partition during the
installation process.

* Although there apparently exists no Devuan ftp mirror, the installer
leaves the choice to use one. As default "Devuan archive mirror
directory" it suggests /debian/ which would need to be changed
to /merged/ in case a ftp mirrors will be set up.

* In the "configure package manager" section the installer suggests to
choose "security updates" from security.debian.org. According to a
mail on this list from some weeks ago, this is deprecated.

Florian