:: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop.
Le 26/01/2016 19:18, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> There seem to be viable ARM processors, and I've even heard mention of
> an ARM laptop;

     I've got a Pi-Top, a laptop built around a Raspberry Pi. It's the
first model, crowd-funded. I wouldn't recommend it. I had very little
time to devote to it but noticed the keyboard and the touchpad are of
poor quality. Another aspect is that it is more a test bench than a true
laptop. The USB sockets are on the raspberry Pi and not easily
accessible from outside; you must open a sliding door between the
keyboard and the lid to reach the Raspberry Pi, a door meant for
hardware hacking in some sense.

     OTOH, it is supposed to have an autonomy of 10h on battery...

     Didier