:: Re: [DNG] Lightweight media/video p…
Author: dev1fanboy
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lightweight media/video player
One of the better ones for the purpose of keeping pulse and dbus out is xine (xine-ui). As far as a media player.. I think it's best to have one thing for music and another for video. A good music player is cmus which uses ncurses and has playlist support, does not use any crappy extra libs, no dbus or pulse.

For most media players you can just expect them to pretty much link into every audio plugin and even libsdl or gstreamer eventhough the former makes that useless.

mplayer2 has no dbus but does have libpulse0.