:: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
Author: Simon Wise
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
On 19/01/16 04:59, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 13:31:43 +1100
> Simon Wise<simonzwise@???> wrote:
>
>> But recently discovered that xfce4-terminal loses critical
>> functionality without a session dbus running (it no longer connects
>> to the cut buffer and clipboard ... which really destroys its
>> functionality). I dropped it in favour of roxterminal which is very
>> similar, based on the same engine I believe, but it does the cut
>> buffer and clipboard etc directly, as it should.
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks to your recommendation, I just started using roxterm. What a
> breath of fresh air! Tabbed. Multiple profiles mean all sorts of
> different terminals for different needs. No unholy union to a "desktop
> environment" other than the rox filemanager system.

they are independent, I think ... though perhaps some D&D might be a bit cleaner
between them??? they both just interact with X and allow extensive file-based
configuration if you want to use it. Last time I tried both worked fine just in
X alone, no other management.

> I need several different types of terminal emulators for several
> different types of jobs. From now on I'm using roxterm instead of
> xfce4-terminal for all new construction.

"profiles" can easily be invoked on CL if you want distinctive appearance to
indicate different tasks.

Simon