:: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseA…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseAudio...
On 18/01/16 14:11, Brad Campbell wrote:
> On 18/01/16 02:23, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> In all fairness, I've found few softwares as difficult to install and
>> get right as Jack. In fact, of the five times I've tried to install it
>> on various distros, I've succeeded zero times.
>>
>> So I'd settle for Pulse (or ALSA or OSS) over Jack simply because I can
>> actually get those installed.
>

> Jack is one of those interesting cases. That you could not get it to
> work indicates you don't need it. If you needed it then you'd figure it
> out. If you need Jack it's because any of the other 'sound systems' are
> useless to you. Real time (ie multi-track studio work) is one of those
> instances (actually it's the only one I can think of).
>
> Interestingly, installing Jack for me on Debian systems was a matter of
> download, compile, install and run. No frustration required. Probably
> because the hardware and drivers I was using was the sort of stuff Jack
> was written for.

I've usually deployed it by `apt-get install jackd1` or `apt-get install
jackd2`

But Wheezy was the last one I' deployed it to... But I've had no issues
apart from having to force alsa to set the card order and setting up
multi-card configurations is a bit painful.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.