著者: Brad Campbell
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseAudio...
On 18/01/16 02:23, Steve Litt wrote:

> In all fairness, I've found few softwares as difficult to install and
> get right as Jack. In fact, of the five times I've tried to install it
> on various distros, I've succeeded zero times.
>
> So I'd settle for Pulse (or ALSA or OSS) over Jack simply because I can
> actually get those installed.

Jack is one of those interesting cases. That you could not get it to
work indicates you don't need it. If you needed it then you'd figure it
out. If you need Jack it's because any of the other 'sound systems' are
useless to you. Real time (ie multi-track studio work) is one of those
instances (actually it's the only one I can think of).

Interestingly, installing Jack for me on Debian systems was a matter of
download, compile, install and run. No frustration required. Probably
because the hardware and drivers I was using was the sort of stuff Jack
was written for.