:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:34:20 -0000
"dev1fanboy" <devuanfanboy@???> wrote:

> hey Florian,
>
> I do try to include the inexperienced, hopefully that's not too
> boring for everyone else.
>
> I think I should probably change startx to startxfce4 this time,
> because it has it's own session script

It's kind of funny, perhaps I just don't get who you are writing the
guides for. I mean, for a somewhat experienced *nix user, wouldn't it be
sufficient to say "add the command 'xfce4-session' to your favorite X
startup script"?

OTOH, your version has the never-paste-what-you-do-not-understand
appeal, but I remember well going half crazy, when I tried to find an
explanation for these strange < > - characters that appeared here and
there.

BTW, I just browsed through your git repo: It is getting a really
interesting resource for minimal desktops!
https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/home

f.