:: Re: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving De…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
A: karl
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities)
Good afternoon,

> More like, how can I avoid things that people with good intentions push
> on me so I have to waste my time and work to work around it...

Yeah.

> Avoids cups, don't give me anything than making the actual processing
> hidden and obscure.

PAM is a problem, the cups behaviour is another.
My problem is to run things as, for example, my cheap
hp printer without systemd.
Next may come hplip through lprng or lpr.
I talk about my printer but dunno, may run wayland someday, or
have my family scavenge for money spending on e-commerce
through google-chrome.
I personally don't use any of those, but without pam, a life
without systemd seem much easier.
Maybe I'm wrong.

>> And was curious about your experience, hence the thread.
>
> Soo, any conclutions ?

The thread is two days old.