:: Re: [DNG] PAM usage
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] PAM usage
karl@??? writes:
> Teodoro Santoni:
>> > And what has "how to login" to do with "how to boot" ?
>>
>> It's easier to
>> * avoid hacks in the login process if your software controls
>> everything from the power button to the session;
>
> I don't understand you.
> Don't we already control everything from secondary bootloader to login
> ?

<sarcasm>
Technically, yes. But without employing signed binaries whose signatures
are checked before proceeding to the next step in the sequence, starting
with UEFI restricted boot, users could easily replace any of the
software and 'unapproved' 3rd party developers could even distribute
compiled applications others could readily use. Since "the days of the
PC as an open architecture" are to come to an end (because Bill Gates
wants that or originally wanted that), such a situation cannot be
allowed to continue. Imagine how insecure all of this is!
</>