:: Re: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving De…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: karl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities)
Teodoro Santoni:
> > And what has "how to login" to do with "how to boot" ?
>
> It's easier to
> * avoid hacks in the login process if your software controls
> everything from the power button to the session;

I don't understand you.
Don't we already control everything from secondary bootloader to login ?
Or do you want one binary to handle all that ?

> * get away with "your OS will die without my software!!!" if nobody
> knows how to authenticate in non-keyboard ways without it.

I haven't done it the non-keyboard way, so I cannot comment on that.
You could perhaps provide some highlights.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148