:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng\@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Micky Del Favero <micky@???> writes:
> Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> writes:
>
>> So the potteringisation continues...
>
> If I remember well Solaris has /bin linked to /usr/bin since many years,
> so linking /bin to /usr/bin is not a poetteringisation, or almost it's
> not an original idea of poettering.

Sun/ Oracle don't do Linux development (well, Oracle does, but
strcmp("Solaris", "Linux") != 0). The reason for forcing people to have
'all of /usr' available as soon as / is mounted is because "certain
people" consider it Extremely Good Practice[patent pending] to hardcode
/usr-paths in their C code and such programs break in case someone tries
to run them when /usr isn't mounted.

That was the gut behind the original "separate /usr is broken" aka "my
code is broken because - while it works on my laptop - it may fail to
work elsewhere, depending on the physical layout of the filesystem. But
That's Not How III SEEE ITTT !!!!"