:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
On 01/01/2016 03:06 AM, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> So the potteringisation continues...
>
> Are we going to allow this sort of behaviour into Devuan??

I have no say in the matter, but I do feel free to express my opinion
here. (-:

Devuan _is_, at least at this point, "Debian without systemd", and I
think that is what people like myself are looking for.
I see little choice but to make the merged bin option available, after
all this is all about choice, but for gosh sakes it should not be the
default.

IMHO it only really makes sense if you are dealing only with end of the
network chain UEFI boxes running primarily as desktop boxes using
systemd or similar as init.

Linux Desktop PC's own < 1.5% desktops last time I looked, in itself a
recently diminishing market that may or may not have stabilized yet.
Linux does own most peoples eyeballs, but that is due to Android not the
"Desktop".
Linux does own most of the World's servers.

Debian runs on a large proportions of the world's servers and this use
makes up the majority of Debian installs.
I cannot see the merging of /bin into /usr/bin being the logical choice
for default and definitely not the only option, but then again I didn't
think they would swallow the systemd poison pill either.

Let's hope the tip of the tail does not continue to wag the dog.

Clarke