:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 01:50:22PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> :s/choice/easy choice/
>
> Maybe 1 out of 50 Linux users can reliably compile their own kernels.

Then, Steve, if I am one of those 49 Linux users who cannot reliably
compile a kernel, there is a very high probability that I don't want
to be bothered with questions about initrd/initramfs, since I won't
understand those questions anyway and will probably just choose the
default answer, whatever it is.

I genuinely can't see the reason behind all this fuzz around
initrd/initramfs. Freedom does not come for free, and is not given
from above, by a benevolent oligarchy. If you want the freedom to get
rid of something, you should fisrt *understand* what that something is
used for, how you can replace/remove it, and what to do if something
goes wrong.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]