:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Author: Simon Wise
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On 31/12/15 10:32, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 19:46:03 -0300
> Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI<renaud@???> wrote:

>>> Do you really think so? I'm a hooligan of PCManFM :)
>>
>> Like you, Altor, I prefer PCManfm, and moreover think Thunar to be a
>> piece of excrement...
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ron.
>
> Ron,
>
> Except for Thunar's hit and miss handling of media like thumb drives
> and CDs, do you have anything against it?

Personally I like Rox as a light file manager, it has its own unique workflow
which takes a little getting used to but after that it offers a GUI interface
that is very usable via keyboard alongside text interfaces as well as via mouse
and via touch. It has very few dependencies and also suits a tiling, mostly text
interface workflow. I especially like its approach to opening items, it is easy
to customise and have several options easily available.

But it isn't a clone of nautilus etc, so will be unfamiliar at first sight.

https://packages.debian.org/sid/x11/rox-filer

Simon