:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Author: richard lucassen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:29:21 +0100
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 09:46:04AM +0100, richard lucassen wrote:
> > Please do not forget WindowMaker which has been a lightweight,
> > highly configurable and stable wm for many years.
>
> I used to swear by it, somewhere around 1998-2000. Then, out of
> nostalgia, I recently given it a look -- and failed to find a
> _single_ improvement.

There are some small changes, or "improvements" if you like, but it
worked well in 1997 and it still works well in 2015. The only thing you
can add is bloatware IMHO ;-)

> On the other hand, there are regressions -- it
> doesn't play well with Debian menu anymore.

You may be right, I have no idea, simply because I don't use the menu.
IIRC there is a Debian menu after a fresh install, bus as I copy the
GNUstep dir right after a fresh install I will probably never know :)

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |