:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Author: richard lucassen
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Windowmaker: was Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:45:26 +0900
Hughe Chung <janpenguin@???> wrote:

> Debian installer offers four major DEs as an option: GNOME, KDE,
> Xfce, LXDE.
>
> For a decade, I've been using Fluxbox as window manager. I have no
> intend to change any window manager over Fluxbox unless there is
> significant benefit from it.
>
> Debian users are scarce nowadays. Even in Debian community hanful of
> developers and users honor the FOSS idealogy. The rest seems to
> little care or to follow the decision without questioning.
>
> How many users who move into Devuan expect full DE installation? I
> think providing one or two light DE as option will be fine. Also
> Devuan needs to select DEs that have minimal to no infection by the
> systemd monster.

Please do not forget WindowMaker which has been a lightweight, highly
configurable and stable wm for many years.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |