:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 09:20:05AM -0500, Mitt Green wrote:
> Adam Borowski wrote:
>
> >Note that xfce4 in unstable doesn't support alsa anymore as sound platform
> >agnostic xfce4-mixer has been dropped. The replacement,
> >xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin, is pulseaudio only.
>
> I reckon it haven't really dropped yet, there is 4.11 version in
> Experimental, one day it may become a part of
> Sid again.
>
> But they actually removed xfce4-volumed from
> Sid and this is a poor solution.

Is Debian really the upstream for xfce? Does xfce drop these packages,
or is id Debian? Or had Debina just not often around to updating their
packages for a new version? Is this maybe just temporary? Or does it
indicate we're going to have to maintain more of our own packages than
presently planned? Are there other window managers we could use in the
name of minimalism?

-- hendrik