:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Author: Renaud OLGIATI
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:44:36 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>      This is the result of the Debian policy of installing a maximum of
> packages because it's free. I'm not saying this against libreoffice; I
> use it sometimes but not on all hosts. I bet more than half the packages
> installed in Debian are never used and the user even ignores what
> they're for. The result is a longer installation process and time wasted
> in upgrading packages one never uses

A point to keep in mind is that, especially in the beginning, people coming to Devuan will be more geek-like than the average Debian user, and will be know how to find and install whatever package they need which is not installed by default.

So I would suggest we keep the default install as small as possible.

And since I dont have any holidays, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all.

Ron.
--
       Selre bið æghwæe þæt he hsi freond wrece, þonne he fella murne.
                                                            -- Beowulf